Businesses of all sizes spend time and effort on putting technologies in place to increase and enforce information security. Having the technology in place is only part of the security puzzle. Educating your employees on the benefits and necessity of the technologies is key to adoption.
According to research, based on 300 security breaches worldwide, as many as 87% of businesses that had been breached had not developed specific security policies – including security awareness education.
Does your enterprise have policies and education in place to ward off these seven deadly sins?
1. Passwords even my mom could guess – How many passwords are on sticky notes stuck to the keyboard?
2. Oh! Looky here – screen snoopers and creepers – 1 in 3 workers leave their workstations logged in and unlocked when they leave their desks.
3. I found a USB stick – lets see whats on it! – 60% of people that find a USB stick look to see whats on the drive. Add a logo on to that stick and the percentage jumps to 90!
4. Phising! – Even the best of us can miss the telltale signs of a phishing scam. Have you trained your team on these signs?
5. Anyone see my phone around? – 70% of users do not password protect their smartphone
6. I just found wifi! – only 18% of users log in to a VPN over public wifi
7. Yeah, I FaceBook at work – expect your social media policies to be violated
The PortalGuard software is an authentication platform which is focused on enhancing usability, while maintaining a balance between security, auditing, and compliance for your web and desktop authentication requirements. PortalGuard provides capabilities including multi-factor authentication, self-service password reset, password synchronization and single sign-on which can be seamlessly configured by user, group, or application.
Subscribe to our newsletter: http://portalguard.com/contact_us.php