The Hartford Small Business Data Protection Survey found out the following about business owners:
* 48% lock and secure sensitive customer, patient or employee data, use password protection, data encryption and firewalls to control access and lock-out hackers
* 47% update systems and software on a regular basis, acknowledge it would be impossible for a small business to completely safeguard customer, patient or employee data.
* 61% believe a data breach violates trust and would jeopardize their relationships with customers, patients and employees
* 34% would have difficulty complying with government notification requirements
* 41% ensure that remote access to their company’s network is secure
* 53% shred and securely dispose of customer, patient or employee data
* 79% restrict employee access to sensitive data
* 38% have a more negative opinion of companies that have recently experienced a breach, based on the companies’ handling of the breach.
The Hartford Data Breach resource
The PortalGuard software is an authentication platform which is focused on enhancing usability, while maintaining a balance between security, auditing, and compliance for your web and desktop authentication requirements. PortalGuard provides capabilities including multi-factor authentication, self-service password reset, password synchronization and single sign-on which can be seamlessly configured by user, group, or application.
Subscribe to our newsletter: http://portalguard.com/contact_us.php